We normally delete certain unused or other accounts once the need for the account is no more. And deleting your dice profile is one such action. And if you’re someone looking to delete the dice profile you used for any technical career development after finding the job, this article is for you.
In this article, we will be discussing what a dice profile is and why to delete it, how to delete a dice profile, what the other alternative is for deleting the profile, etc. Keep reading to learn more about the Dice profile.
What is a Dice Profile, and Why Delete It?
Our Dice profile is something we open with the Dice knowledge centre looking for a technical job that matches our profile.
They have more than a million tech jobs, with many companies posting new job opportunities to recruit talented employees to do the job.
When we create a Dice profile with them, we get to make ourselves visible as a candidate displaying skills matching the related job opportunities.
All you have to do is log in or register for free and upload a resume and manually fill in some of the blanks related to the information displayed on the profile.
Why would someone want to delete their Dice profile when they have achieved what the profile was created for? For example, when they have found a job matching their profile and no longer want to be visible to other companies, they wish to delete it. We also delete when we have found nothing interesting that matches our profile.
How to Delete Dice Profile: A Step-by-step Guide
Before you consider deleting the Dice profile, you can consider making it invisible. This is how you delete a Dice profile when you no longer need it. Follow the steps below;
- On your PC, open the website Dice.com and log into the account that you’re looking to delete.
- And then, open the profile by clicking on your name in the header menu. And choose the option that shows ‘settings.’
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on the option that says ‘Delete your account.’ And follow a series of prompts you’re asked to. And finally, the account will be deleted.
The method described is to permanently delete the profile from Dice. And if that doesn’t work, you could use the following method;
- Go to the Dice.com website and log in to your account. Then go to the section that shows ‘contact us.’ This will lead us to a new page where we have to write our information which includes our name, city, etc.
- Then we have to select what the issue is. Here we will give Resume/profile issues. And we will write why we want to delete the profile and send the details.
- Then will contact you back within 48 hours of business with an email to help delete the profile.
What Happens After you Delete your Dice Profile?
After we delete the Dice profile, we will no longer have a Profile with Dice. It will be permanently deleted from their website. And if we ever want our profile back, the only option is to recreate another similar profile with Dice to go looking for a job on their website.
Alternatives to Deleting your Dice Profile
We have an alternative we could share with you. It is to make the account invisible and deactivate the account temporarily. This is how we use the ‘not visible’ option on Dice;
- Go to the personalized Dashboard of your Dice profile after logging into their website.
- There will be a toggle option besides the profile visibility. And click that toggle option to switch from on to off. And make sure to confirm you want to change the visibility by clicking on ‘I’m sure, turn off profile visibility.
- You will be asked for small feedback on why you want the visibility change. And when you have completed it, submit the changes made. The toggle will be ‘on’, indicating the changes made.
How Do I Change My Name on Dice?
Sometimes we will have to change spellings, or other missing parts of the name entered into our resume or profile in Dice. Because when the names of the two differ, they will question the validity of our profile and identity. So to change the name on your profile, please follow these steps;
- Start by logging into your Dice profile. There in the management section of the profile, click on the user settings link and select the user settings from the given drop-down menu.
- Then make the necessary edits to the name and other contact information of your profile using the ‘user settings page’. They will also allow you to update the information on your employment and other affirmative as well as EEO action details.
- Now that the changes are made click on the ‘apply’ button at the bottom of the page shown in green.
If it is difficult to make the change or you are unable to change the name, contact the Dice customer support service at 1 888 321 3423 or mail them regarding the issue to email@example.com.
How to Remove My Resume from Dice?
Dice actually has two options available for deleting or removing the Dice resume uploaded. One option that is available for you is to make the resume ‘unsearchable’ or not accessible by the employer. And the other option is to delete. Follow these steps to make it ‘unsearchable’.
- Start by logging into your Dice account, and from the top navigation bar, click on the dashboard icon.
- Now from the searchable button, either slide or click the button to move from ‘yes’ to ‘No’.
- Now you will see a pop-up box asking you to give a reason why you’re making it ‘unsearchable. Provide your reason, and finally, click on ‘done’ to make the changes available.
The Next Option is to Delete the Resume from Dice;
- Start by logging into the Dice account and then go to the Dashboard of the profile.
- There, click on the option ‘My resume’ and click on the feature ‘Manage Resumes’. There you will be given all the resumes you have uploaded. There you can select the resume you want to remove.
- Once done, choose the right resumes for deletion. Click on the button ‘delete this version’ and finally finish it off by clicking ‘okay’.
How Do I Delete a Job Post on Dice?
The job posts automatically get deleted after some time. But if you want to delete it before it expires, then we will have to make it inactive until it expires. For that, follow these steps;
- Log into the Dice using the link www.dice.com/employer. And click on the tab that says ‘jobs’, and from there, navigate yourself to the option ‘manage jobs.’
- Here use the ‘status view’ option and look for the job post that should be made ‘inactive’, and right-click on that job and choose edit.
- After that, from the three options available for you, save the job post as ‘move to inactive’ by right-clicking on the job post and then giving save and preview to complete the action.
Watch this one,
Video Credits – Dice
You May Also Like