Among the alternatives you can attempt if your Nexus 5X isn’t working properly is to force a complete factory reset. How to hard reset Nexus 5X? If you cannot access any device and now have exhausted all other options, you must only do this.
Why Might you think About Performing a Nexus 5X Reset?
You could perform a factory reset to return any LG Nexus 5X device to its initial condition as if it were the first day which is operating sluggishly, hanging, or would want to circumvent the passcode lock. You have complete storage and wish to wipe everything. And, you would like to trade or give it to someone and wish to make sure nobody is able to get personal files, including credentials.
You may hard reset any device in recovery mode when you ever need to remove all of its data. The device will be 100% clean after using this feature to totally remove all of your private data if you experience any of the following issues with the LG Nexus 5X cellphone.
- Plodding slowly.
- Unanticipated snags.
- Stopped or blank screen.
- Apps that freeze or crash.
- Virus contamination.
- Server and application failures on a regular basis.
- Auto-restart the device.
In addition to these issues, you can choose the LG Nexus 5X hard reset, as that is the simplest method to erase your personal data in the event that you decide to exchange or replace your smartphone.
Your LG Nexus 5X can be formatted in the steps that follow to wipe all of your data and restore it to its factory-fresh condition. As this process erases all of the data of the gadget and resets it to factory defaults, it is strongly advisable that you perform a backup of it first.
What Distinguishes a Hard Reset from a Soft Reset?
The simplest way to restart a mobile phone is with a soft reset. Just turning the device off and turning it on again is all that is necessary to perform a soft reset. When a phone is “hard reset,” all user-added information and files are deleted, returning the device to its factory settings and fresh system software. A hard reset essentially removes the entirety of the device and restores it to resembling condition, as if it had just been taken out of its packaging.
How to Hard Reset Nexus 5X?
In reality, there are two different alternative ways to do this: one involves accessing the Settings menu, and the other entails performing a force reset through Recovery mode. Both methods produce similar findings, but since the Settings menu could occasionally become unreachable, it’s a great idea to become familiar only with Recovery mode.
The following considerations must be made before we begin.
Everything information on any Nexus 5X, like your Username and password, system as well as media files, settings, installed apps, music, photographs, all those other user information, and network operator applications and material, would be erased throughout the hard reset process. After a hard reset here to default settings, you cannot continue to be using encrypted files that are stored on the SD card.
Android smartphones have a security feature known as Factory Reset Protection (FRP). The device cannot be used after a factory reset unless a known Google Id and Passwords are entered once FRP has been active. You may disable FRP from the Settings app on any smartphone if Developer Options are enabled.
In any event, keep in mind your Google login details since you’ll need them to log in again once the FRP is enabled. Make sure the LG Nexus 5X is at least 50% charged prior to performing a hard reset. If you attempt to perform a hard reset on the cellphone while it is still partially charged, it cannot turn on again.
Out of the Settings Menu, Select Hard Reset
- Click on “Apps” and then “Settings.”
- Click on “Backup & Reset.”
- Click on “Factory Data Reset.”
- Click “Reset Phone” on the menu.
- Confirm your selection by clicking “Erase Everything”.
- After turning it off and on again, the gadget will want you to finish the first setup.
- Choose the settings option.
- Choose “System” and press proceed.
- If there is an “Advanced” option, choose it.
- In this section, click the “Reset choices” button.
- Pick “Erase all data (factory reset),” also known as “Factory data reset,” which is the last option.
- Choose “Reset phone” next.
- After consenting, select “Erase Everything.”
- To proceed, carry out the panel-opening procedure as necessary or enter the panel-unlocking combination.
- It should take the Nexus 5X a little while to restart as it optimizes the operating system’s pre-installed programs and returns to its factory default settings.
Use the Recovery Menu’s Hard Reset Option
- Before doing anything, the gadget must be fully powered off.
- To switch on the gadget, hold and firmly press the “Power” button along with the “Volume Down” key.
- The bootloader will appear after you release both buttons while the device vibrates.
- With the volume buttons held down, activate “Recovery mode.”
- Together, press “Power” as well as “Volume Up.” After three seconds, remove “Volume Up,” but keep holding “Power.”
- When the Android Recovery screen, which is represented by an Android lying on its side, appears, keep holding “Power” for a few more seconds.
- After making a choice “Wipe Data/Factory Reset,” hold “Volume Down.” To choose this choice, press the “Power” button.
- Hit “Volume Down” to choose it because when “Yes – Wipe All User Data” is displayed. To choose this choice, click the “Power” button.
- After the gadget restarts, you’ll see one more option with the “Reboot System Now” option; pick it by pressing the “Power” key. The gadget will then turn off and on again, bringing up the basic device setup.
How is the Nexus 5X Soft Reset?
- Start by pressing and holding the Power button.
- Select Power Off and afterward press OK from the options which should show on the screen after selecting it.
- Wait a moment or two.
- To switch the screen back on, press the Power button once more.
You May Also Like