Meross smart plugs provide quick and effective ways to operate your devices remotely with the help of a smartphone app. The plug could occasionally need to reset or change its WiFi connection. Knowing how to do these actions can be helpful whether you are having connectivity troubles or switching to a new network. How to reset the Meross smart plug? In this article, we will show you how to reset your Meross smart plug and connect it to a new WiFi network. You can quickly get your smart plug back up and running by doing a few straightforward steps.
What Is The Meross Smart Plug?
The Meross Smart Plug is a flexible and easy-to-use WiFi smart plug is enables you to control your devices via WiFi remotely. Compatible with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, and Google Home. It is suitable for outdoor use having a 2KW power rating and weather-resistant construction.
The plug can be easily set up with a Matter QR code and connected to a Matter controller for smooth integration into your smart home environment. The plug only functions with Matter, a worldwide smart home connectivity standard.
Why Do You Need To Reset The Meross Smart Plug?
It may be required to reset a Meross Smart Plug for a variety of reasons, particularly when experiencing connectivity problems. Resetting is frequently necessary when your voice assistant or smartphone is unresponsive, when you can’t connect to your WiFi network, or after you have changed the name or password of your WiFi network.
It is a good idea to try to fix the issue before performing a reset. Check to see if the smart plug is securely attached to the outlet, your WiFi network is operational, and your phone or voice assistant is logged into the same WiFi network as the smart plug.
Resetting the smart plug is frequently the next step if these troubleshooting techniques fail to resolve the issue. A factory reset can be used to restore functional connectivity and fix issues. Even after a reset, the plug may occasionally still malfunction, requiring additional troubleshooting techniques to address the exact problems.
How To Reset The Meross Smart Plug?
Resetting a Meross Smart Plug is simple, which can help you fix connectivity problems or connect the plug to a different WiFi network. Here’s how to restart your Meross Smart Plug.
- If the Meross Smart Plug is not already connected, plug it into a working outlet.
- In order for the status light to begin slowly blinking amber and green, press and hold the ON/OFF button on the smart plug for around 5 seconds.
- The slow blinking light means the plug has been reset and is now paired.
- You must re-configure your Meross Smart Plug using the Meross app after doing the reset.
One of the best ways to solve numerous connectivity problems is to reset your Meross Smart Plug. Resetting the device usually solves the issue if it won’t connect to WiFi if the app indicates it is offline. But if the plug still has issues after resetting, you might need to try other troubleshooting techniques.
Checking the strength and stability of your WiFi network, ensuring the smart plug is within the WiFi router’s range, and changing the Meross Smart Plug software are some examples.
How To Reconnect The Meross Smart Plug After Resetting?
After performing a factory reset on your Meross Smart Plug, follow these instructions to reconnect it.
- Get your smartphone and open the Meross app.
- Start the app. If you do not have an app, download it.
- Log in to your Meross account if you already have one. Register a new one if you do not have an account.
- On the home screen of the app, tap the plus sign. From the list of options, pick ‘Smart Plug’.
- Select a suitable smart plug from the list based on your device.
- Verify that your plug is blinking after being reset. If it is not blinking, try unplugging and replunging the smart plug or pressing and holding the power button until it starts blinking.
- Ensure your WiFi password is correct, and use the 2.4GHz band before choosing your WiFi network and connecting.
- Your smart plug will connect to the app, after which you can rename it and finish the setup.
After a few seconds, the app will connect to your smart plug, and you’re good to go.
How To Set Up Your Meross Smart Plug With The App?
Simple to set up your Meross Smart Plug using the app. Here is a detailed instruction.
- Download the Meross app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, depending on your operating system.
- Open the app and select ‘Sign up’ to register for a new Meross account. You can immediately log in if you already have an account.
- Tap the plus sign in the top right corner of the app home screen after you have signed in.
- Choose ‘Smart Plug’ from the list of options that appear to start the configuration procedure.
- The app will ask you to check if your Meross Smart Plug LED light is blinking. It shows the plug is prepared for installation.
- Enter your WiFi password after choosing your network from the list of available networks.
- After providing accurate WiFi credentials, the app will immediately connect to your smart plug.
Your Meross Smart Plug will be successfully configured and available with the app once the connection has been made. Plugs can now be controlled remotely, scheduled to turn on and off at certain times, and integrated with voice assistants like Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit.
Meross Smart Plug Keeps Disconnecting; What To Do?
You can try resetting the plug to see if it helps if your Meross Smart Plug keeps disconnecting or has connection issues.
First, make sure the smart plug is connected to a working outlet.
Hold the ON/OFF button on the smart plug for around 5 seconds for the status light to begin slowly blinking amber and green. It has been successfully reset, and the plug is now in pairing mode according to this.
You might attempt to reset the plug again if the connection issues continue.You’ll see the LED indicator blink slowly amber and green after you hold the power button for around 8 seconds.
Any prior settings or connectivity issues can be resolved by resetting the Meross Smart Plug, enabling you to configure it with your WiFi network again. Following the reset, you may use the Meross app’s setup instructions to reconnect the smart plug to your network and fix the disconnection issues.
Here’s An Interesting Video To Watch,
VIDEO CREDITS: myHomeKithome YouTube Channel
Expand Your Horizons: More Content You Might Enjoy