If you are a headphone maniac, Roku’s private listening feature is all you need. It allows you to listen to the TV from Roku streaming devices using your headphone. However, users face different problems, including software glitches as well as technical problems, when using Roku private listening. Today, we are going to find the reasons plus solutions for the problem, ‘Roku private listening not working.’ So, you will be able to know the requirements in order to use this feature without failure. So, let’s begin the discussion!
Is My Roku Device Compatible with Private Listening?
If you want to use a private listening feature, you need to buy these Roku models, Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar. These models come with a built-in private listening feature.
If your device is compatible, you can see the headphone icon on the Roku application.
To use the private listening feature, you need to have the Roku application on your device as well. And also, there should be remotes that are available with the headphone jack.
Why is my Roku Private Listening Feature Not Working?
These are the most noticeable issues when you face the private listening feature.
- If you try to turn on private listening after streaming the videos, the feature will not work smoothly.
- If your internet connection is not stable, the private listening feature cannot work too. Although you pair the devices, they will automatically unpair. And also, when there are so many devices that are connected to the Wi-Fi network, the connection can be distracted.
- If you have not updated the Roku app, you cannot see the headphone icon.
- Sometimes, you are not able to hear the audio due to a mistake you made in pairing, such as a lower volume. And if your earphone has been damaged, this problem can occur too.
- When there is a temporary software glitch, the sounds can screech, stutter or pop.
- If the private listening feature is out of sync, the feature might not work. The synchronization can be disturbed due to improper connectivity and mistakes you have made in the audio settings and private settings.
How to Fix Roku Private Listening not Working?
These are the techniques you can follow in order to solve the issues discussed above.
- You should turn on the private listening feature before streaming the videos.
- Make sure to use a stable internet connection then the device will not unpair. And it would be better to minimize the traffic around your Wi-Fi- network. And try to keep the router closer when you turn on the feature; then, you will no longer face connection issues.
- If you cannot see the headphone icon on the Roku application, go to the App Store or Play Store and update the app.
- Make sure to check the volume. If it is low or muted, increase the volume of the device. And the Bluetooth headphones should be paired properly.
- If you hear screeching or stuttering sounds, reconnect your earphone and check whether the problem is solved. And disconnect your Bluetooth earphones and make the connection again and see. Sometimes, you will have to turn off private listening and connect it back after a while.
- If the connection is out of sync, you have to do the necessary things that the app needs. Then go to the settings tab on the app. Choose ‘Controls’> ‘Adjust Audio Delay.’ After that, click on ‘Get Started.’ Then the instruction will appear to solve the out-of-sync problem.
Are There any Firmware Updates Required for Roku Private Listening?
Yes, Roku devices should be set up-to-date in order to achieve the highest quality of their features. When the Roku OS is outdated, music can be screeching or stuttering, although there is no hardware issue. Thus, you need to update the Roku OS. The latest version of 11.5 is available for Roku tv and other streaming devices. If you want to check for updates, follow these steps.
- First, you should go to the home screen of your Roku device. So, press the home button with the help of the Roku remote.
- Next, you will see the settings menu on your left side. Click on it.
- Now choose the tab called ‘System.’
- Then tap on ‘System update’> ‘Check now.’
- The update will run in the background, so you need to wait till it completes and the device restarts.
Can Interference Affect Roku Private Listening?
Yes, of course! When there are some issues in your network, private listening cannot work properly. Thus, you need to have a reliable and stable internet connection. Or else, try to keep your Roku device near the Wi-Fi router. And if there are some other devices that have been connected to the network, they can interfere with the private listening feature.
Those devices might download or stream other music or video. Then the Roku private listening cannot work smoothly. Therefore, it is recommended to reduce the number of devices connected to Wi-Fi.
How Can I Contact Roku Support for Assistance with Private Listening Issues?
Even though you try all the above methods to solve the issue, you may further need the assistance of the Roku team.
Then here is what you need to do. There is an online support center to assist with any of your issues.
First, you need to visit their official website, www.roku.com. Then go to the ‘Contact Us’ page. there will be a tab called ‘Roku Support.’ When you click on it, there are some options to choose according to your particular problem.
You should choose ‘Audio devices’ to solve private listening issues. then you will be asked to enter your problem. After a while, you will receive a reply with a solution from the Roku team.
Roku private listening is a popular feature among the Roku community since it enables you to listen to tv using headphones. But there are some barriers when maintaining this connection, such as Wi-Fi network issues and outdated apps.
Basically, you should keep the devices up-to-date and use a stable internet connection with less interference. And you can adjust the private listening settings to adjust the quality of listening.
Watch this video,
Video Credits – DaveWeLike
You May Also Like